Google
 
Biplab's thoughts: Prosperity=f (Effort, Ideas, Resources)

Monday, August 28, 2006

Prosperity=f (Effort, Ideas, Resources)

Having rural background, I always thought the reasons for wide scale poverty in India. To my mind poverty is a function of the above three. Everybody has to put in enough Effort to be successful in life. No doubt about that. But I would give most importance to middle one, Ideas. I think Ideas are most important. I don't give much importance to the Resources. I come from the economic philosophy of abundance not from scarcity.

I feel resources are plenty. You need Ideas & Effort to convert available resources into significant value propostition for yourself as well as for society.

Information flow can help reduce the Ideas gap. Internet/telephone is a great leveler in that.

I think the sole concern for the policy makers/planners be to reduce this Ideas gap to remove poverty from this country!!
Digg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View Biplab Das's profile on LinkedIn Blog Review