Google
 
Biplab's thoughts: My Qtrly Visit to Kolkata

Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Qtrly Visit to Kolkata

This time to my surprise air deccan ran on time. I made it a point to visit my ancestral village home, where I spent my inititial days. I saw lot of changes in the primary school building. You have In and Exit stairs for handicap students with wheel chair. I was surprised again. I asked one of the teachers. It seems Govt. gave funds of around Rs. 12k to rural schools to build those. I also saw a tube well of their own. They also had cricket kit, Football & other sports items for the students.

Is it the result of education cess? I was happy.

I was invited to a lunch to one of my relative's house. I could enjoy CD music, Solar fan, full signal of Hutch rest of bengal connection all powered by Solar energy. I think solar power is DC energy. So electrical equipments are different made by separate manufacturers than what we normally use in cities.

There is a bridge in the river to connect it to Kolkata. Traders are buying commodities directly from villagers and getting it transported by truck directly to the city.

I did enjoy Charak (Chaitra Sankranti) Lord Shiv puja. I took some pictures. let me figure it out how I can put some of those in this blog.

Rural India is changing. I could see the increased aspiration levels to consume good quality products & services. A huge market to be tapped.
Digg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

View Biplab Das's profile on LinkedIn Blog Review